Google Drive has become an eminent part of our lives now. Everyone uses Google Drive now and then. It is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. It has several features like file or data storage, It integrates easily with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and other cloud-native apps to provide real-time work. There is another feature of Google Drive, which most people don’t know by now, and that is watching movies on Google Drive. This seems like a bummer to some of you, but it is not. This is a fact.
Google Drive has several other features attached to it. Several tools help in edit or correct the files. They are helpful as the files need not be converted into another file format. It can store so many files at the same. Google drive store file and data safe, and you can access your file everywhere. It has an easy search option to search your file easily. Also, it can be accessed on any device.
The drive works on all major platforms, enabling you to work seamlessly across your browser, mobile device, tablet, and computer. In this article, we are not going to talk about Google Drive entirely. Instead, we are going to talk about the Google Drive movies feature.
How to watch movies on Google Drive online?
Today we have all the facilities like Netflix and other OTT platforms. With that, we got so used to the “streaming” thing. We want everything to stream online most of the time. If things go online and easily, there will be nothing like storing things. It is no more like old times where we used to have movies on CDs, DVDs or pen drives. Although the way of storing has changed for sure, online streaming feels better.
Similarly, it goes with Google Drive too. We want to stream movies on Google Drive. You can stream it for free without any subscriptions required. Just your data and your movie you want to watch.
There are certain steps you can follow to watch movies on Google Drive online:
- Find Google Drives Movies- Like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other platforms, not all the movies will be available to watch on Google Drive. So you have to find the movies on the internet. You have to find the publicly shared movie on the Google search bar.
- Save Google Drive movies- Choose the proper movie that you want to watch. Then click the Add a Shortcut to drive icon to choose the folder you want to save in your Google Drive.
- Make Google Drive movies stream on any device- Now it is the time for the final call, that is, streaming. Open your Google Drive and find the movie you saved just now. You can have two options for streaming on two different devices, PC and smartphone. Click the play button to preview it on the computer. You can open the Google Drive app on your mobile phone and find it to play online.
This is one of the life-saving Google Drive movie hacks to find the movies for free.
How to download movies on Google Drive and watch offline?
It has already been mentioned that online streaming is the first thing everybody wants to do. But there are certain times where people feel like downloading the file and streaming it. This is so because of the unstable connection, which can give lots of interruptions. Streaming that way with interruptions is not a better option in that case. Thus, downloading will be the thing people want to do.
Although we know that Google Drive is a free downloader and can download the movies you saved. But there can be times when the saved file is invalid or corrupt; that time, two options can work as downloading movies on Google Drive.
- When you find the shared Google Drive movie, you can directly choose to download it without saving it into the Google Drive folder. There is an option given for download; by clicking that, you can download.
- If you first want to save to preview the file, whether it is your desired movie or not. You can always opt to download it later. In the preview window, you will find the download icon. You can click that to download it to your Google Drive.
You can watch the movies on Google Drive anytime after downloading.
How to find movies on Google Drive?
Till now, we talked about the streaming process of Google Drive movies. But we also need to know how to find the movies on Google Drive. It is not a movie platform where movies are already available, and we need to type it out. However, this is not a tough process, either. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the search bar of Google.
- Type ” site:drive.google.com(the movie you want)”
- Find the publicly shared movie for yourself.
- Save or Download according to your choice.
This is also the Google Drive movies hack. Search in this way, and you will find the movies you want to watch.
What video format does Google Drive support?
Google Drive various types of file formats. It can store up to 15 GB for free. This is the best feature of Google Drive. Not just file formats, it can also support various video formats while movies download.
- WebM Files (Vp8 video codec, Vorbis Audio Codec)
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs, AAC audio codecs)
- .AVI (MJPEG video codec, PCM audio)
- .FLV (Adobe- FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
There are many more video formats that are supported on Google Drive.
As it is easy to use Google Drive movies, few things should also be considered. One should make sure of the security of the movie. This is so because Google cannot scan virus if the movie size exceeds the maximum file size. One another point is that the speed of downloading and uploading is quite slow on Google Drive. All in all, to sum up, it is really easy to watch movies on Google Drive.
More on a blog: